The new electric seating is in the house. To be true to form, however, the whole drop-off was a fiasco. Rhiannon was here in the morning to share love and catch up...the delivery truck said they'd be about 12:45, so I told mom, "You'll be in your chair napping by 1:30."
NOPE. First, they didn't get an order to take the older couch outside onto their truck, and that sucker needed to be divided into several pieces in order to get it down the stairs. It was also a warm day in Syracuse, especially in the home of my parents. They attempted to bring the new couch in, but it spawned a fight between all three of the workers, which resulted in much arguing in Spanish (or was it Portuguese), cuss-words, each bad-mouthing the other to me, and a drive refusing to get out of his truck. He refused to get out until their boss/boss came in his fancy Mercedes (stoned out of his mind). He got all three outside the truck and they attempted, and achieved, the couch delivery.
The number of tweezers found under the old couch? 5. The number of nail clippers? 2. Coins? $4.28. Whole Fritos? 14. Crushed up Fritos? Infinity.
Slowly, the living room stated to retake shape and Cynde lent her spacial intelligence, swapping a table from downstairs.
I celebrated by getting them Tully's: a fish sandwich and a Philly cheese one. I went with a chicken rice salad which was very good, actually....probably because the chicken was their famous tenders.
Dad and I each at half of ours...mom devoured most of hers and left the pickle.
There is no anticipated drama fro today, which could mean trouble, I suppose.
I did have opportunity to play Operation behind the fridge because I accidentally knocked mom's butterscotch behind it. I retrieved the bottle of syrup, another of chocolate origin, two place holders, a food processor blade, and a couple packages of ketchup. I felt heroic, actually, in accomplishing this.
Okay, humpday...hump it away.
