Sunday, March 1, 2026

I Can Always Count on This Look in My Day-to-Day Routines. It's the Won't Leave Your Side Co-Dependent In-Your-Face Love of Karal the Dog

When I go to bed, there is no dog. When I wake up, there's a dog curled up behind my knees. Then, this dog comes downstairs with me and sleeps until noon. She wants a walk by then and returns with the need to be in my lap, on my shoulders, at my side, or playing a game. When you don't do what she wants, she growls, stares, barks, growls, and stares again. If it wasn't so cute, it would be outright creepy.

I used weekend day one to, well, review articles, grade, and attend funerals. I will be doing the same on Sunday, without the funerals. Monday, as typical, are loaded with meetings until I teach at night. I need the weekends to be ready for the week. Also had a long overdue conversation with a colleague who is missed very much.

(I need to point out that as I write this, I'm getting the 3rd degree from a growl-talking dog). 

I'm also looking forward to getting a diner omelette for lunch as friends are taking me out for a belated birthday. I'm inhaling and exhaling, as I need to be all-in this week, at the same time I need to find a way to ease up on the insanity.

Oh, snap. It's already March. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

May the Muppets Be Triumphant, Always. One More Week to Go with Literacy Labs & Wonderful Memories Were Secured (Kermit, Included)

Still not sure who sent me the random Kermit t-shirt, Rainbow Connection, but I remember singing it in elementary school choir and another 4...