Thursday, August 13, 2026

And Another Day of Total Frustration Wishing the Xfinity Treated Their Service-Areas with More Respect & Professionally.

I interrupt my absolute and total frustration with Xfinity as a trusted Internet provider to briefly celebrate another year with Fairfield University athletics and collaboration: the Women’s Volleyball team! This will be the third year I’m faculty liaison and I’m always happy to invest in student athletes, especially in a sport I love. Should out to SEHD’s Linnea who was the only one in the office (imagine that) who also came by to help me get the notebooks in order. It was a good time, too, as we reminisced about all the insanity all of us who are still left have lived over the years. In some ways, it was therapy.

Actually, peeling stickers and putting them on notebooks is therapy.

Alas, after numerous calls and total anger, the best I could get from the Xfinity is there’s replacement equipment needed outside of my home, but they won’t get to it until next week. Well, truth is, I kept calling and calling and calling, until I got them to at least commit to today around noon. We don’t have any service people in your area at this time. Well, corporate greed executives, perhaps you should invest in service people in the areas you service. A week is inexcusable.

I suppose I haven’t stopped to think about how much the daily life relies on internet connection and fluidity. Working online and having access to digital spaces is pretty much 95% of what I do. Being chopped at the knees from doing this is insane. I’m thankful to my office on campus, which helped me for the morning, but in the afternoon when I returned home (they wait listed me for a potential afternoon appointment that never happened) I grew more agitated. My wi-fi is fine. It’s the internet connection from outside. I packaged them for cable, internet, and phone (which was not bad until this incident, when I learned they can’t service their customers properly, which make me really question if I should continue with them. 

There are million and one items that come through my email a day and I’m usually on top of them all. I can’t be, though, when the total way we communicate is unavailable to me. The real kicker is when their agents kept sending me links for troubleshooting. How am I supposed to read a link when I can’t access the internet…the source of the problem?

Of course, cable is out, too, and although I watch very little television, I’ve grown into the habit to ease my mind into relaxation for an hour each night. Nope. Not even Ted Lasso to offer me nightly therapy and healing. 

But the stickers were a win. I’m hoping by afternoon Xfinity will do their job. The nerve they have in sending me surveys about how they did servicing my call, with a link that I can’t access because their service has been extremely sub-par through this incident. When these things happen, I always wonder how these places have any business at all. 

Onward. And hopefully better times today.

And yes, I drove myself to a hotel lobby last night to upload the daily post, since their lack of professionality kept me from doing it from home as a paying customer.

Ready to be over it, already.

And Another Day of Total Frustration Wishing the Xfinity Treated Their Service-Areas with More Respect & Professionally.

I interrupt my absolute and total frustration with Xfinity as a trusted Internet provider to briefly celebrate another year with Fairfield U...