My goal today is to wake up, run errands, organize, and then head to Syracuse for parental care. I have a lot of digital work to accomplish but will multi-task to give Cynde a break for a short while. I need to download a good book for the trip, as I've caught up with all in my waiting line (via Audible). I have to choose this book wisely, as it sort of needs to be an anthem for the 2026-2027 school year.
Yesterday I received a notice from the University President that I've completed 15 years of service at Fairfield University. That's five more years than I lasted at the Brown School. I'm guessing it's good that I sat in one place for this long, but I also know that the coastal Connecticut reality is not a bad way to live. Waters is healing so seeing it on the daily provides much of the mental therapy I've always craved.
I delivered the writer's notebook to the Women's Volleyball team and also did dinner with Leo & Bev (thanks for the treat) at Lazy Lobsters. We haven't been there since it expanded & updated its menu. They had mussels, which were okay but I'm all about the broth. They have a long way to go with them in order to make them a location that people talk about.
Also was thrilled to get bloodwork back today, with updates from last year. Let's just say that categories, like Glucose, did a nose-diver, so I'm hoping they notice. The last round of bloodwork did me in. They were scary (and I'm wondering now, too, that nothing has really changed in my lifestyle...I was not intentional on bringing it down and I didn't change my diet, daily exercise, or vitamins at all). Maybe the prescriptions did their thing, the ones for heart and cholesterol. Definitely feels good to see results of green instead of threatening red. Last year was shocking.
Now to do my rounds so I can head to Syracuse at a decent hour. Wishing myself safe travels.
