Sunday, August 2, 2026

A 50/50 Day. Spent Half Celebrating the Incredible Bev Nichols Robinson's 7th Birthday & the Other Half Unpacking Materials from the Labs

I tried hard to NOT work on anything CWP yesterday, but failed, after spending the morning organizing photos and the evening typing notes from the materials collected and a big portion taking everything out of boxes, organizing it, labeling it, and putting it away so I know where it is. The spare bedroom is now loaded with CWP goods. I did a few hours going up and down stairs as if it was part of a gym routine. 

The afternoon was spent in celebration of Bev's 70th, her family and friends, good sandwiches, and a lot of memories shared. It's always good to see their boys stop by, and it's crazy because they were in high school/college when I got here and now are in their 30s. Nuts.

Leo called everyone and said he forgot to get balloons and flowers so, lo and behold, that is what everyone brought. The house was a celebration of color, which actually was a nifty plan put together by him. There was join everywhere we looked.

New neighbors re-landscaped the front yard by taking everything green down. Not sure if they have a different plan or they're just not into bushes and flowers. I always liked looking outside at their blooms. Only time will tell. 

I've returned to another round of Ted Lasso to be my mind-unwind...I think because it is funny, reliable, hopeful, friendly, and believing in hope....everything this nation has not been for several years now. Ted anxiousness is also relatable, especially as changes come with age and some of them you can't be prepared for. Plus, they come in 30-minute doses, which are perfect for figuring out 'just enough' before heading to bed. 

Not sure what the weather is supposed to be. I thought I was heading to Syracuse, but I've been told it would be better to help out in the 2nd half of the month. Now I'm a wee bit perplexed by having more time to get ahead for the semester. Not sure where I will begin or IF I will begin. I really am tired. 

But the lawn needs mowing. The yard needs trimming. There's still more CWP work to put away before moving on to what comes next. So, we will see about the day.

And Another Day of Total Frustration Wishing the Xfinity Treated Their Service-Areas with More Respect & Professionally.

I interrupt my absolute and total frustration with Xfinity as a trusted Internet provider to briefly celebrate another year with Fairfield U...