Monday, August 3, 2026

Yay For Getting Just the Right Gift & Learning It Does Exactly As It Said It Would Do Online....Lights Up a Backyard with Dragonflies

Shirley and I both decided Leo and Bev needed a new kitchen clock. We went with a dragonfly one, and I also added a solar light because it said it radiated dragonflies in all directions. I was supper happy Saturday night when Bev sent me a photo of the lantern on their back table. The lights are actually white, but the table cloth makes it seem more iridescent. 

The best part is it is solar powered. No on or off switch needed.

I got the lawn mowed and weed-whacked, bathed both Karal and Rico (who was incredibly well-behaved while getting a bath), dogs walked, Fall sneakers ordered, an Ubuntu Academy montage made, and house cleaned up. I barbecued cauliflower and headed to Pam who enticed me with sausage and lemon-Alfredo linguini. She also made sweet potatoes, so the whole meal was tasty. All the flavors blended in wonderfully.

I also got a piece of Bev's birthday cake, which I missed yesterday at the party. The layer of raspberry is what make the cake.

Apparently today begins a ten day rain fest, where flash floods are expected on the daily. Joy. Hoping they are just a little flamboyant with their predications, as I'd rather things cooled off and the waterworks subsided. I am still in CT, instead of heading to CNY, so I'm not quite sure how I'll spend today. I do want to stay away from the University, but also don't want turn my home into an off-campus work place...I'd like to chisel spaces between, since I have the opportunity to do so. 

And I'm applauding the dragonfly lights...every home should have them. 

I'm a Failure at Shopping. Rarely Do It. Could Care Less. But Every Once In a While I Get a Wild Hair in My System.

I've had the same set of glasses since the late 90s....purchased at Pier One, when that was a thing, and with me through many transition...