Of course, as I write this, my father has also had two slices of banana bread with butter, blueberry cobbler with ice cream, and a bag of Fritos. Actually, he's lining them all up on the arm of the chair and eating one at a time while Mom snores through an episode of Big Brother that she's "watching" on her I-Pad. I told dad that when his new chair arrives, he's only allowed to eat at the kitchen table. He said, "Bullshit."
Interesting trivia for the day from a comedian-friend who works in Nashville (and grew up in Sherburne). How did I not know that? Interesting trivia, especially since he wrote that Brigham Young (one of the father's of Mormonism) is from Smyrna, NY. I had no idea all those Books of Mormon had roots in what would become Chenango Country. Interesting knowledge for geeky minds like mine (and my father, who became obsessed with the news, although I don't think he has a clue what Mormonism is or who Brigham Young was.
There was plenty of dishes that accompanied a day of cooking and baking, and at one point dad came out to help me put things away. I told him not to, but he insisted. I late found coffee mugs and water cups in the cabinets for canned food. He's a trip and quick. Didn't even see him do it.
Lights are out early on Amalfi Drive these days, and both are usually out by 9 p.m. - Karal was out even sooner, even thought she acted like she had a dull, uneventful day towards night and wanted more play time. This was not true. She was exhausted.
Rain is supposed to arrive this morning and we shall see what that will do with a day. Only time will tell....but I am glad I won't have to cook all day again. The semester begins in a few, after all.
