NOPE.
It was okay, because I also like to hunt down CLEARANCE items. They had shit.
So I drove home in the rain. That was my big break for the day, too...to prove to myself that I can do things besides write and work. Also walked dog, mowed lawn, and weed-whacked again, with some of the laundry put away, but I was focused on replacing my glasses.
I was in a glass kind of mood, I guess, because I also took out one of the sliding glass panes that has a cracked seal, and hence fogs ups and I can't see out of it. I was into replacing it last year but the guy from Anderson windows wanted $2,800. Yeah, right. It took me a year, but I finally took it out myself and took it to a local window establishment. They were great. They took measurements and said give us a couple of weeks. You can take it home and put it back in so it doesn't rain in your house. We'll call you when the new one was in. I may be wrong, but I think it was just over a hundred dollars or so. I will be glad, too, because it's one of the spots Karal and I look out and I've hated that it's been damaged.
Of course, it should also be under warranty, but at the guy at the glass shop said, "Many of those companies go out of business as soon as they install the products. They likely wouldn't grant you a new window anyways.
Well, I guess I never thought of the underbelly of the porch window beast. The more you learn. Of course, I'm all up in their business when they're measuring, asking them questions about their business and how often people like me come in. "Oh, about six or seven a week." I think it is a side hustle for them, because they install commercial windows.
But it was less than a mile away. Bonus. So, two weeks from now we shall see.
