I also took liberty to make hamburger patties for grilled burgers with mushrooms, tomato, lettuce, and a pickle. It, too, was delicious, as was the cut watermelon and local blueberries I mixed in a bowl. Perfect dinner for a Sunday evening before another work week.
I watched the DCI finals Saturday night and stick with my gut....Phantom Regiment was also a crowd favorite, even though they scored back in the pack. I was surprised the Blue Knights captured color guard and drums, too. General Effect, definitely, but the precision came with other cores, too. Conceptually it was the best show and two of their songs are two of my ongoing favorites: God Only Knows and YES's All Good People.
I'm setting work goals to achieve much these next couple of days (and I can't believe the heat extension is coming with the plan of action). Later in the week the temperatures will cool, but for now we will sweat (and my lawn needs to be mown) (and my barber is on vacation)....not that they have anything to do with one another.
The gas for the grill has been changed out, so I've got the better foods on my mind. Everything tastes better with all the good summer flavors. Wishing our salad options were better, but greed is greed and we probably should be growing our own lettuce anyways.
