Thursday, September 24, 2026

Another Round of Rockstar Play-Land: Auntie Bev is in California so Uncle Bryan Came to the Baby-Sitting Assistive Rescue

I had a slow day...transitioning from the aggressiveness of the weekend, the pace that got me there, and the back-to-back Tuesday classes, I someone threw in a towel after lunch. I woke up, graded in a frenzy, walked Karal, and then realized I needed a mental break. So I drove to Walnut Beach and pretended to be Bev for the day. She assists Pam when the grandkids are dropped off...as they are movers and shakers, creative to the Max.

Actually got a lifetime fill of Bluey, and just learned that dog is female. Who'd of known?

It was a gorgeous day...warm sun and cold air. At one point, Ethan and I laid on our backs and named all the animals and objects we were seeing in the cloud. "I see Dolly Parton," I said and he responded, "and I see her big butt." I pointed out that it wasn't her butt that was so large. We laughed. It was total joy. 

At night, I attended an NCTE session on Writing (Re)Imagined which is a collection focused on younger writers, which I need to keep in mind, especially if we get the magical grant we've been hoping for.

We also got some rock-n-roll time. I feel bad that I'm chasing kids around Walnut Beach and my parents' aide, Michelle, is chasing my father, Butch, all around Cherry Heights. His inability to walk for a couple of days subsided, and now he's Speedy Gonzales again putting in everyone's garbage cans and intercepting their mail and packages as if they are for him. 

We're getting a nor-easterner....they keep getting Butch. 

Such is the way.

Son of a Butch for life. 


Oh, the Joy of Homemade French Onion Soup Followed by the World's Worst Movie Ever Made (and I Watched It All)

The rain wasn't as bad as expected, but at times the bands were rough with winds. I drove to the ocean, too, and it wasn't as choppy...