I have no idea how we ended up on Seemingly Perfect Family. It was so bad, there is no way we couldn't see how it ended. I mean, BAD. I kept saying, "As soon as this au pair gets chained up in the basement, I'm out of here." Nope. She was changed and I stayed until the flight landing (don't ask). At least the kid they casted had that adorable baby-appeal. Definitely the best actor in the entire movie. He was believable, at least.
I also got ahead on more grant work, which put me in a good mental space, but not being able to walk Karal and get my own blood moving made for a more downtrodden mood. That is until the French-onion soup. Such a pleasurable eating experience (if not filling).
Rico was a loving dog, too. He even nudged me for rubs and, later, curled up with me on the couch. This was a change from his usual skittish, hide-from-everyone-in-jitters self. Also caught Fairfield vs. Canisius volleyball on ESPN+ and the Stags won the match, 3-1 sets. It's such a mental game...when things got kid in the head, both teams played better as a collective. When they got out of their heads, mistakes were made. I, personally, would have trouble focusing on the task at hand - the game, itself - with the world as it is, so I give total credit to those who perform resiliency and athletically for their schools.
I brought over apple dumplings I got at the local bakery, but we could only eat part of one. They weren't my mother's, but they did hit a memorable spot. Good to know they are in walking distance if I ever need to do an emergency one. I remember my mom had to labor for hours to make them. I tried it once while living in Kentucky and I recall it was time-consuming...but always a great treat.
The winds howled last night and the rain bands got stronger. One more day of this, and then a week of normal ol' rain.
