Valerye came straight through on a coveted Bridgeport Public Schools Scholarship. I love that kids like her keep finding me, because I sometimes forget that the summer work is investing in kids to see their own potential. It's guiding a way to get there. And look, she's doing the generational pose (and I' the one smiling).
I drove to Waterbury to retrieve my parking pass (it actually went home with Edem accidentally). put a much bigger dent into the POW editing, conferenced again with high school kids who attended Who Do You Think You Are? The College Essay and Other Narratives summer lab (they're never satisfied), walked Karal, and attended the recording. Is it the crowd the office deserves? Nope. Is it important to have advocates on campus for the few minority students we have? Definitely. I mean, I feel out of place on this campus most time. The event was great. Also love seeing Dr. Don Sawyer ('Cuse!) as emcee. Sometimes I wonder if he and I might dig deeper on the Syracuse to Fairfield connection, and where we landed with our own missions.
It's a teaching day so off to campus I go.
