Friday, October 2, 2026

I Love When Teachers Send to Me Photos of Grant Work in Motion. Write Out ' 26 - Write Where You Stand Will Be Kicking Off Soon

Grant Snider is the 2026 Write Out Ambassador and in anticipation I wrote grants to get copies of his work in the hands of teachers. Of course, I was also plotting to have him in CT for the Center of Climate, Coastal, and Marine Studies collaboration. As predicted, his life is taking off and he was too busy, but I'm not giving up. There's always Spring, National Poetry Month/Earth Day, and another big idea I have. 

For now, however, I'm getting Poetry Comics in the hands of teachers; in fact, I'm doing another round of PD today. In short, I'm spreading these around southern Connecticut as if they are competing with Chinese lantern flies. Train the trainer. How can poetry comics enhance writing goals with k-12 students? Ah, my genre-activity theoretical lens see them as a tool to build community for better written outcomes. Why? Because Grant Snider's brilliance is perfect to initiating conversations because, well, he's thinking about thinking all the time, too. I've been using this with schools for the last couple of years and am thrilled he'll releasing book two of Poetry Comics this January.

But first, a young adult novel debuts in November. I love it. In the work, a verse novel, he fluidly narrates (and illustrates) a wonderful story that middle-grade students will love. I can't wait for it to be in the hands of, well, everyone.

Yes, I love that he's in a volleyball-loving family, too

Time to pack up, though, and head to teacher-world. Looking forward to seeing how another faculty receives the professional development. 

I Love When Teachers Send to Me Photos of Grant Work in Motion. Write Out ' 26 - Write Where You Stand Will Be Kicking Off Soon

Grant Snider is the 2026 Write Out Ambassador and in anticipation I wrote grants to get copies of his work in the hands of teachers. Of cour...