Thursday, July 30, 2026

A Bead-i-ful Afternoon of Crafting, Art Work, and Sculpting. Writing Transcends Written Communication Alone, so When Life Gives You Lemons...

...you buy lemon and lime beads so that those who want to make jewelry to match the writing, reading, and thinking this week, then enter door #3. There were many options this afternoon, as my crew co-crafted a series of lemon trees we'll use as a backdrop on Friday. Several joined a graphic novel workshop, while others when to the lab to type. 

I'm amazed by how much jewelry some of these kids can made so quickly, but also how few of the beads they are actually using. I tell them, I give it to you to create, a I have no idea how to make the jewelry.  One item I never thought about before is making jewelry handles for iPhones. They do.

By now, all the adults are tired of the Tully, as the food options are few, the kids are numerous, and the noise is exhausting. There are so many kids in the dining hall and they have very few service lines. They most definitely make a killing...around $45,000 a week. Granted, they also charge/serve breakfast and dinner for the overnight camps so likely make even more. I imagine, too, they pay their kitchen help minimal, and most of the profit trickles up to those who oversee the operations. I'm sure they see total willingness of most programs to pay the higher prices each year (but it is getting steep for CWP). 

Rumor has it that Jessica will be stopping by to do a workshop with the kids, which will be wonderful.

Mom is reporting much needed rest in the hospital, while Cynde is reporting dad is wearing his cuffed up jeans. Two more days for summer programs....I'm seeing the clean-up the next two days and wondering where I will store it...likely Edem's old room and more in Chitunga's. I'm overflowing with books. 

Got a long walk in with Karal before more rain arrived (weird, because it was only a giant cloud over east Bridgeport and Stratford. But it rained hard and it rained for a long while. But it didn't rain in Milford or Fairfield.

Ready to kick off day 20 of the July programs. And of course I will be thankful to the University when they reload budgets (how we see our financial records) in September. I have to spend blindly in July/August, trusting I'm hitting all the right numbers for the grants. All records go to zero over the summer months and I have to work in the dark for CWP. 

And I'm off.

And Another Day of Total Frustration Wishing the Xfinity Treated Their Service-Areas with More Respect & Professionally.

I interrupt my absolute and total frustration with Xfinity as a trusted Internet provider to briefly celebrate another year with Fairfield U...