I've been joking for two years now that Max and Emmi from the 1975 film Escape from Witch Mountain. Although they look nothing like Tony & Tia Malone, the orphaned duo does come across in their co-teaching. Not only have I thoroughly enjoyed planning four weeks of literacy instruction with them, I've also enjoyed how seamlessly their humor and work ethic bounces off one another. They step up and are amazingly helpful with the kids.
This afternoon will be a reading, a few montages, and perhaps a few songs. I began packing up things and bringing them home on Monday, so I believe I'll be able to finalize clean up today in one trip. Weird to think it's the last hoorah for another year. I like to leave all the spaces we utilize as clean as the day the kids arrived, because I'm very thankful we have such luxury during our programs.
I am envious of Emmi, though, who is leaving to Denmark for two weeks on Sunday...a last hoorah between CWP work and 1st days at Warde. She and Shane will need the rest, as will Max....but after all these years, I know he keeps the same pace I do...in fact, he might juggle even more than I do.
I'm anxious to see how I wake up tomorrow, because the end of the crazy also means (1) a sleepless night and (2) getting sick. I don't want either.
Finally. YAY! Last day to battle I-95 in the summer! No more 7 a.m. departures, either. I can hardly wait.
