Max looked up at me today, too, and said, "Oh, I hit submit for the CT conference in the Fall with you and Emmi." I remember sending him the link and adding my contact name, and I didn't know he was working on it. Another win for him, our team, and CWP if it is accepted. That would be cool.
The Little Labbers worked on dialogue today, and took a tremendous liking to the A-Z challenge to tell a story in dialogue using every letter of the alphabet as the first letter of each line. In fact, in the afternoon when we gave them free writes, they started writing more. Well definitely enough material from this crew.
I'm also thinking about how one of my teachers in our summer programs came up through CWP as a kid. All the teachers have been a student of mine, especially as National Writing Project teacher-fellows. Many of them are now sending their kids to the program. It's wild to see it all (with knowledge it could be even bigger if there was more support, but also with dreams to do less and have more down time for me). I guess that is the trouble with a passion (tied to economics of supporting a site at Fairfield....I have to keep the business running).
It was miserably humid yesterday, and then the Canadian smoke started bellowing in. Definitely felt extra-terrestrial. I came home to watch England flub their lead in the World Cup and was surprised that the humidity broke when I took Karal for a walk. I was only going to go around the block, but the cool air felt so good that I took her on the longer one. The smoke seemed to have lifted, too, although I believe today is suppose to be worse.
Promoting Adele's Someone Like You as a morning project. We shall see how that goes! Nodding back to last week's piratically argh-umentative workshop for a short bit.
And, of course, traffic.
