We had a Blues Fest yesterday morning and every kid had to write a blues song about their vices, including broccoli, parent rules, bed time, music, sisters, and brothers. I modeled mine after I-95 and rainy days a kid's perspective. Some of them stood up and performed the real deal. It was hilarious.
Max and Emmi split the labbers into age groups today and it was interesting to see how they tackled tasks, grade by grade, as kids split into sections. We have Scarlett this year, too, who is able to take the reins from time time.
After the labs, Max received notification of last-minute edits and a proof for the upcoming publication. We stayed after some to work through their new portal. It's always weird when you have to try something new. I came home to watch Spain/France in the World Cup, then took Karal for a short walk (phew...humid), before heading to the grill to prepare more food. I love to cook but it is very cumbersome to justify the time it takes out of the day.
Hard to believe it's already Wednesday, Week II, but we're off for another humpday (and morning traffic).
