I woke up wanting to go back to bed, but needing the new kids with the rock star motif had me a little excited for the game plan...and we only began to blow up the instruments and microphones. We are going full-blown heavy metal with our props (and prompts) this week. I'm not sure how well Max, Emmi, Genesis, and Barb are doing with my quirky ideas, but they need to be all in. This is the way.
Today we'll be singing the blues and I'm excited to see what they are able to do with the prompts and models. Truthfully, all they need is find words to rhyme, and the repetition practically creates the song for itself....just follow the patterns. Whether or not they will sing (I did....I-95 Blues and Rainy Day Blues), but only time will tell us if it is well received or not. I'm like the gray and white hair. I used to have brown locks like this, although it turned white once I went short and I have Never had curls.
The red-headed one was perfect for Shane. Kids (they're so silly) we're like, "Wait. Is that your real hair?" - it did look authentic on him. We already gave him a backdrop for his performance. It's going down and I'm singing, "a little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men."Will be interesting to see how the kids take off with this, and I'm even more excited to kick-start possibilities with Ubuntu Academy and to see how they do with the big hair and musical instruments. We shall see, as only time will tell.
Okay, excited to bring the new materials to the kids today. It's the little things in life that keep me going.

