Monday, July 13, 2026

I'm Taking the Photo from Chitunga and Channeling It for the Rest of My Summer. Sunsets, Adirondack Chairs, & Being Outdoors

Aw, Monday morning again. That means I need to get out of the house as early as I can to see what the traffic insanity will be for the day. Heading to week 2 of the 2026 Young Adult Literacy Labs, continuing both Little Lab for Big Imaginations and Novel Writing II - Plot Matters. We have piqued for number of kids we can serve...rooms are at capacity.

Sunday was spent catching up with Syracuse, answering parental emails, talking with parents, and prepping for the week. I also weed-whacked but the battery died and now the charger isn't recharging the battery. Frustrating. Also grilled and meal-prepped...walked Karal, of course, and then trimmed all the bushes and trees.

I also spent time on campus getting copies, setting up for the new week, adding materials and supplies, and doing another BJs run for snacks.

We'll be altering our lemon theme this week with the little ones so kids who are staying will have an extended experience in week 2: At the Mic: Making Acoustic Lemonade. I went a little overboard with props for the week. Rocker wigs should be here by tomorrow.

Chitunga sent this photo from Iowa and I saved it as a reminder to channel the calm and beauty in the world as I move throughout the chaos of summer programs. The only thing missing from the photo is water, which is a must for my calm....still, beautiful photo. 

Ai Ai Ai.....wasn't it just the beginning of the weekend? Back at it once more....and he's off.

May the Muppets Be Triumphant, Always. One More Week to Go with Literacy Labs & Wonderful Memories Were Secured (Kermit, Included)

Still not sure who sent me the random Kermit t-shirt, Rainbow Connection, but I remember singing it in elementary school choir and another 4...