Saturday, July 25, 2026

May the Muppets Be Triumphant, Always. One More Week to Go with Literacy Labs & Wonderful Memories Were Secured (Kermit, Included)

Still not sure who sent me the random Kermit t-shirt, Rainbow Connection, but I remember singing it in elementary school choir and another 40 years as an anthem to how life should be justified and lived. I'm thankful for he/she/they that sent the shirt and laughed even harder that Shane, my student and now teacher in Milford, came to work today in another Muppets t-shirt. Kindred spirits. 

Fridays are for closing up shop, and the Nature Writing crew secured their final pieces, while the College Essay kids wrote some killer pieces (as they really bonded over 5 days). The Ubuntu crew will be back for another week, and they, too, are making tremendous progress. I continue to realize that center to the CWP truth is a simple fact: I have set out to recreate Brown School in everything I do. It definitely works.

The afternoon slowed down the pace and in honor of National Tequila Day, we ordered from La Cantrina, celebrated Bev's 70th some, and ate burritos. We're having the real party a week from today (which she doesn't want). Leo did present her with the beautiful collection of letters and photographs which will take her several days to get through. It is a stunning book.

My major goal for today is simply to get to Walnut Beach and to plot into sand at high tide, 10 a.m., and to have some of the day in total down time....relaxation.

There were days this week I didn't think I'd make it to the weekend, but somehow I did. It was wonderful to have Dave and Ish to watch Ted Lasso with, and I'm thrilled the humidity broke and we're finally getting June weather.

Yes, there's one more week to go. I'm simply in recovery mode today. I will need a couple days to prepare for the final week. It truly is remarkable work, but it still is hard to realize how much of a one-man show it is for hiring, planning, organizing, and leading with minimal to no support from the University. I remain thankful to K-12 teachers though. They remain the backbone to all good in society. 


May the Muppets Be Triumphant, Always. One More Week to Go with Literacy Labs & Wonderful Memories Were Secured (Kermit, Included)

Still not sure who sent me the random Kermit t-shirt, Rainbow Connection, but I remember singing it in elementary school choir and another 4...