Thursday, July 2, 2026

Well, There's One Way to Save a Penny. No Summer Uniforms for Workers. But When Life Gives You Lemons, Well...

Truth is, I have t-shirts and hats for the teachers this summer to accompany the theme When Life Gives Us Lemons. We hope to carry forward writing, where students think about making the best out of sometimes horrible moments or times. I ironed on the lemons, which gave me an excuse to watch afternoon World Cup games. I also loaded up tubs we'll need on campus, as well as books that go along with the theme. It also goes with The Sea of Lemons, which were' using with older kids to inspire conversations and to model writing. 

I wish I could say I did much outside the house, but I'm already being dramatic about the temperatures. I was back from a walk this morning by 9 and said that was enough for me. Of course, today and tomorrow are supposed to me much, much worse. And I have this morning to start loading the car and moving items across campus. I will be wearing bandanas to soak up the sweat.

Also worked some on a grant and worked on a dossier review some more. But other than that, it was a mental day of online work with World Cup in the background....except for when I ironed patches onto hats (which was boring....30 seconds each side, but it felt like forever). 

Okay, let me exit and enter the sauna. It is time. 

May the Muppets Be Triumphant, Always. One More Week to Go with Literacy Labs & Wonderful Memories Were Secured (Kermit, Included)

Still not sure who sent me the random Kermit t-shirt, Rainbow Connection, but I remember singing it in elementary school choir and another 4...