Wednesday, July 1, 2026

I'm Guessing the Sailors are Delighted by Heat Indexes of 110 Degrees! At Least That's What the Pink Skies Said Last Night.

Rich, Shane, and I met for summer planning last night for dinner at Dockside. It will be fun to work with the two of them this summer, as I think they will find themselves compatible as co-teachers. It's our first nature writing lab for kids (although we've held teacher workshops on the environment for several years). After we met, we walked out into the parking lot to see the sky wildly delighted, I guess, for the heat wave that cometh beginning today.

Also unpacked orders for summer on campus and at home, as everything seemed to arrive on the same day. We are good to go for summer. Just need to add kids.

Finally, met with students I'm doing independent studies with and set a plan of action for summer. They are on their way for reading, thinking, and writing.

Oh, and I have decided the Pay-by-Tolls are a scam. Twice now, I've gotten additional $4 bills to be paid online. I have money in the account, so why doesn't it deduct. There are several of these tolls and the charge me. Well, it turns out that some tolls don't work with the tolling system. That, and even if my license has been OAKPF7 for 15 years with no issues, the Mass Turnpike says that particular toll is reading my license as 0AKPF7. The 'oh' is a 'zero' for that toll, so they wanted me to switch the license online to match their one toll. I told them, if I do that, then all the other tolls are going to be after me because they've been find with that 'O' - Only Attallah Knows Poetry Flows 7 days a wee. The woman wanted to argue with me and I couldn't believe (a) we were having the conversation we were (after waiting for customer service for over an hour and (b) the lady was being obstinate that she sees a 'zero' and not an 'O', and I'm like, "I've been doing this trip for 15 years (3 times a year). The issue just began this spring." 

Yeah, AI is a good thing. Remove humans so they never have a chance of being, well, humane.

Well, hello, July. that came quick.

May the Muppets Be Triumphant, Always. One More Week to Go with Literacy Labs & Wonderful Memories Were Secured (Kermit, Included)

Still not sure who sent me the random Kermit t-shirt, Rainbow Connection, but I remember singing it in elementary school choir and another 4...