Sunday, August 23, 2026

He Likes It! He Likes It! Mikey Actually Likes It! Well, I Knew That Already. It Was Our Annual Plank Road Ice Cream While I Am Home in the Summer

That, and I owed him for fixing my mom and dad's dryer in the ways that Cynde and I weren't successful. The two of them went to Albany yesterday to help Nikki and Adamo with house repairs and the only meal he had was the sundae from Plank Road. I should have brought him meatballs and sauce, as that is what I spent the large part of the afternoon preparing. Mom gave the option of ordering in, but I figure home-cooked meals are better than any meals that require wheels. Usually the first night the taste is okay, because the flavors haven't settled, but last night tasted really good. There's plenty for the next couple of days. 

I opted to stick around Syracuse a couple more days, as Alyssa and Chitunga were getting lousy weather. I wanted them to have one good day by the water in Amagansett, so they're driving this way on Monday afternoon and I will high five them here before driving back to Connecticut. 

Mike ordered the hot fudge sundae and I went with a scoop of Panda Paws (because we don't get that in Connecticut...only Moose Tracks...which is close). When I can get Panda Paws I get it, because of love vanilla, peanut butter, and chocolate. 

Both bathrooms were cleaned. Karal was walked. Laundry was done. Dishes, upon dishes, upon dishes were washed and put away. Got a call late last night from the English Department folks to prepare me for more crazy coming to us this Fall. At this point I don't have any words...I just shake my head and focus on CWP and the National Writing Project work that I'm hired to do (he writes, laughing, as he spent today helping a junior college with her dossier and grading an independent study for a student because there aren't any courses offered in the summer that she needs for her Masters (are you ready for this?) in another colleague's program. 

Weather is calling for rain today, so syllabi are on the radar. Looking forward to teaching the research course over an extended period of time instead of during the holiday break. 

No Clue Who Elliott and Sabrina Are, and That is Not the Mr. Moonbeam I Remember from Brown, But I'll Go With It.

Crazy whirlwind yesterday, without actually leaving my writing couch on the porch. I met with district literacy coordinators, edited several...