Leftovers are slowly leaving the refrigerator as the house gets ready to return to Meals-on-Wheels. Mom wavered about ordering out last night instead of having spaghetti, but in the end I think the correct decision was made (as it will lessen the load in the fridge).
The last cinnamon cake was baked, as well, and will be left to cater to Papi Butch's need. Chitunga and Lys are expected in Syracuse around six and the three of us are supposed to get dinner...I'll be leaving Tuesday morning to continue dealing with email and collegial drama as everyone returns to kick off a new semester. I was thinking yesterday, while working on a Sunday at the same time I'm caring for the folks in an attempt at a mini-vacation from the University, that it is rather ironic that others get the summers off and I never get a second to think (hence the sickness last week when my body collapsed).
Clay never got the rain that was called for, and Amagansett finally saw the sun they were predicted. I believe I will be returning to Connecticut with more Autumn-like temperatures. We'll see. I know my lawn must be obnoxious and it will be cut (like the hairs on my head that are overdue).
Here's a Monday wish for safe travel and productive on the syllabus front. One can hope, eh?
