I didn't want to end Saturday without feeling somewhat accomplished/planned on a new grant and with the dates set for the semester ahead so I can outline Padlet, ready the first class, organize what I must have with me, and at least attempt to enjoy what most people enjoy on the weekends.
I went to a birthday party at a winery for Kaityn's 41st (I believe, anyways). It was the same location as last year, and the parental exhaustion remains the same: Dominik, Patrick, Kaitlyn, and Stephanie simply seem well-intentioned with a wonderful family gathering, but remain totally exhausted from the amount of energy it takes to chase toddlers. Pam had all the girls in the same dresses, and we tried so hard to harness all four kids in one location for a photo, for at least a second. Nope. Herding cats. As soon as three were still, the 4th ran off every time. Still, I did get a couple of good shots for their family.
In this particular one, Ania (the youngest) was not having it and ran back to her parents. Although Maddie looked at the camera, Oliwia and Ethan were looking to run off to play with the other children at the winery. I was exhausted simply watching everyone trying to keep them somewhat nearby...they each have a mind of their own and legs that want to sprint elsewhere. Making sense of their choices, though, was a harder guess. I don't think it is healthy to rationalize much of it.
It was great to be outside, with huge cumulus clouds covering the sun, but when that sun came out...Oof. It beat down hot. Still, it would go back under and the chilly winds would return....such is a Saturday in September.
Today, I hope to repeat a similar pattern of chiseling away at grants and writing projects, while taking the afternoon off. I also want to cook, as I loaded my fridge with groceries on Friday after departing schools.
Other than that, it was another day of volleyball. Phew. The Fairfield/Northeastern games were point for point for 5 matches. I couldn't watch online or on the telly, but could follow on a stats page that kept track of the action. Now, it's coffee and cereal time. The pace must continue.
