We also took the littles to the Walsh Gallery and I have to say 25 3rd-5th graders did much better than I anticipated they would, although 15 minutes was about as long as they could go before wanting it to end.
Highlight, too, was hearing from author Patricia Park, as we've been using Ambrosia Lee Drops the Mic with the middle and high school kids. The students kept her an hour with their questions, but they were thoughtful. Hard for me not continue once it ended. Their questions and her responses got me thinking about many things. I also heard from Ger today, as he's back in New York. He shared what's going on in Sudan and it is not good - there should be tremendous humanitarian concern for the ways Salva Kiir is killing Dinka people in Akobo. The pictures he shared were some of the most gruesome photos I've ever witnessed.
By the time I got home, I realized I needed to close my eyes. Although I didn't fall into a deep sleep, I did keep them closed for two hours while I listened to the World Cup game. Of course, Karal needed to lay on my head and begged to go for a walk throughout those two hours.
We'll be the only program in DSB tomorrow, as the University sends staff home at noon, but most choose to work their morning shift from home. In other words, it will be quiet.
I am, however, looking forward to the weekend...it's always nice NOT to have to report anywhere.
