Day one of the older kids had us singing how much more fun it is to work with older kids. Of course, it never goes completely septic and there's always issues: inappropriate remarks, kids texts with boyfriends not in the program, resistance to trying....mom signed me up....but we get through it. We returned to the Tully for lunch, too, and although they increased the price per kid by $3 this year, the choice/selection/and quality decreased by 150%. They make a killing off the back of summer camps. I hear dinner costs are even worse. They will be hearing from me, but I know it will do no good. This is the way of corporate food chains who have taken over college cafeterias.
The Nature Writing Lab - In All Things had a successful day, and the long hikes Rich took them on received minimal complaints, although two young women complained and sat on benches until they returned form their trek. That's what happens.
Hoping for a smoother Tuesday (with more sleep) as Sunday night was rough (always is the night before new programs begin). Although I want to be in rooms working with kids, I spend most of my time taking in parental emails and calls, while answering the needs of teachers. When I'm running the teacher institute, too, they have to interrupt that course to have their immediate needs met.
I'm used to it. What I'm not sure about any more, is how exhausting it all is and if I can keep up. This human is getting old.
