Saturday, August 29, 2026

Humph! I'd Be Grumpy Too If Some Middle-Aged Man's Ass Came Up Each Night During the Down Time & Daily Unwinding.

Such is the way of anthropomorphism and and anthropomorphic mind. I'm always seeing faces in places I probably should not (might have inherited this trait from Grannie Annie, too). Last night, I caught the couch throw-pillow looking at me with a frustrated mug and I couldn't help but think our pillow have a right to such facial expressions. I once had a similar conversation with students when we stopped an an all-you-can-eat KFC buffer after working the district's Homework Hotline. There were plenty of KY delights...the last people you would think might benefit from a KFC buffet, wheeling around in their motor scooter with ankles the size of mailboxes.

"Imagine what the KFC toilet seat must think while doing the job?" I told them as if I was Colonel Sanders. "Or any breakfast diner, for that matter."

Hence, I understand. I get why a pillow would grimace at me.

Yesterday was extremely productive working on summer stuff. Karal and I had a great walk, and I took teachers out to dinner in honor of their first two-days. I had fish-n-chips, which was exactly that...hard to screw it up. Temperatures were warm, although the clouds were mostly gray. 

I'm dog-sitting Rico today, so will likely get more time to catch-up on the computer....editing, so brainless work like putting stickers on notebooks.

All quiet on the parental Homefront yesterday, but prayers west for Uncle Dick, Bobbie, and Patrick. The full circle of life is surrounding my generation in a way we could never imagine. 

No Clue Who Elliott and Sabrina Are, and That is Not the Mr. Moonbeam I Remember from Brown, But I'll Go With It.

Crazy whirlwind yesterday, without actually leaving my writing couch on the porch. I met with district literacy coordinators, edited several...