Thursday, August 20, 2026

I'm Channeling the Exhaustion from Yesterday: Nausea, Headache, Fever, Shakes, & Misery. Reminded Me of Being in Elementary School

I used to get severe migraines in elementary school. The overachiever in me wanted to master everything in my learning, and at times I'd get overwhelmed, I'd crash. Mom would have to come get me and I'd come home to vomit, turn & toss in bed, and eventually sleep. That is what happened yesterday. When I woke up, I thought it was barometric pressure and a sinus thing, but as the morning went forward, I realized I was nauseous and my brain wouldn't work. Then the heat hit. I went to my ol' bedroom to lay down and it got worse and worse...to the point I needed to vomit, which only came out yellow bile. All I ate was a piece of toast. I had a cup of coffee, too. I did the routine of feeding the parents and making sure all was well....took dad's sneakers outside to dry as I scrubbed them the night before because they were caked in dirt and grass, and started the laundry. Sadly, the tub wouldn't drain so I ran it again. Same thing.

Annoying. My brain started scrambling. Sick. 

The fever broke around 5 p.m. and I got the chills lying in bed. I quickly got up to take a warm, warm shower, and began to reheat food to feed the parents in their chairs. The smells, however, upset my stomach even more and I ended up taking one of mom's anti-nausea pills (there's a pill for everything and my mom has them). 

I was reminded, too, of the one time they served raviolis in school. It was the last time I EVER ate one...I got that sick from them. Can't even look at them without getting those awful pangs.

Yesterday was a bust. I simply wanted the rest of daylight to pass so I could go to bed and hopefully sleep more of whatever it is off. The sounds of Days of Our Lives blaring from an iPad & yelling at my father to use the buttons on his new chair to go up and down scrambled my brain.

In my attempt to sleep, I realized I'm simply exhausted. Period. The rat race finally caught up with me. 

I'm Channeling the Exhaustion from Yesterday: Nausea, Headache, Fever, Shakes, & Misery. Reminded Me of Being in Elementary School

I used to get severe migraines in elementary school. The overachiever in me wanted to master everything in my learning, and at times I'd...