I wore my Writing Still Matters NWP t-shirt since it was the first day where I felt a long sleeve t-shirt was necessary. In a dream life, I'd always be in shorts and a long sleeve shirt or hoodie. I hate being hot, and I love having fresh air on my skin. The shirt seemed appropriate considering the amount of time I spent in the morning working on the end-of-year Site Report. It was another good year, but the question that asks about obstacles standing in the way always irks me. I know what the obstacles are and I work tirelessly to overcome them. Sadly, those obstacles are mostly the result of the location where we reside and even though I've figured out collaborations that work, many of us across campus feel the same frustrations with getting institutional and administrative backing. I don't need much...just administrative assistance with grants, reports, marketing, and reporting. Such work is the 3rd job on my plate for accomplishing what I was hired to do: teaching, directing, and acting as my own administrative assistant. Resentment arrises when you see what is supported and how much time is wasted by individuals who rarely come to work and are not held accountable.
I was telling Chairs across campus, "I know that this is the way of the land and I wish I could simply be content with it all. I would be frustrated if there wasn't a better way. I just wish they allowed us to use our expertise to help them to achieve a better world."
Alas. It is what it is.
Looks like the rain is heading in to stay for a few days, which is a shame because we'll be traveling to Hartford for a comedy show (and it will be murky, I know). I've had tickets for month and so rarely do anything out of the norm. Here's to moderate rain and not excessive downpours.
And here's to the Lady Stags. We knew the year was going to be one for growing and rethinking. We haven't hit MAAC play yet, but it's coming. When the rhythm and flow works for them, it really is a fun team to watch. I also like seeing all the new players showing what they're capable of.
With that...back to the site report.
