Also, made myself another BLT (oh, crap...just realized I forgot to at the B and used ham instead), and drank some cherry lime lemonade. Couldn't help but notice it was a rather color-coordinated lunch. I know as the days get colder, I begin to retreat back indoors...but I love my front porch for thinking, developing, planning, and getting the work done.
I had to spend most of the weekend doing belated August work and prepping the 2nd Tuesday night class for those who can't attend in person. This is fun...running a two-course class for one course, but teachers live busy lives, some commute over an hour, and getting a degree requires ingenuity and flexibility.
I also swung by Franklin Elementary to see Arlette Johnson and to regift myself some of the paper I gifted her school last year (she wanted to do body biographies for every student and I only want to do 4 or 5 with my own).The morning started with texts from Susan James in Florida trying to make sense of the non-sensical, when I simply reminded her that we're just dust and maybe some of it will sprinkle to the next generation. Our time is short (as has been the time of billions before us who may or may not have realized the influence they had on others). It is what it is.
Keep peddling. Keep the magic wand nearby. Color coordinate lunches on your porch without even meaning it. Get so on top of your game that you write a blog post 24 hours in advance because you know your brain will be mush by the time you get home and because you have back-to-back ZOOM calls early in the morning.
There is no rhyme or reason. It's just what was handed to us in our generation and we must make it what we can. If 1/1,000th of our dedication, passion, and/or energy trickles onto our students...then we have done our job in the same ways that our mentors did theirs. .
And with that, it's another day. I need to start practice how to bite my lip now, because today I'm likely to be really tested. Don't mean to be kerfuffling, but that is somewhat my nature, especially when surrounded by hypocrisy. I can't help myself from asking question and being honest.

